The Plose mountain is about 2,500 metres high and right outside the bishop’s town of Brixen. It is the number 1 ski mountain in the Eisack and Lüsen Valleys. From the summit, you will enjoy fantastic panoramic views of the Dolomites and the glaciers of the main Alpine mountain range. It’s a great place for skiing, with magnificent downhill runs, sunshine right into the evening and a variety of Alpine ski huts. The ski region is part of the Arena Dolomiti Superski, Europe’s largest ski sport area. With only one ski pass, you can access nearly 500 lift facilities and more than 1,200 kilometres in the pistes. The lift facilities themselves are a great adventure. In only a few minutes you can make your way to the peak of the mountain, while you enjoy views of the Puez Geisler Nature Park with the Peitlerkofl and the Geisler Towers. Skiing on the Plose is a very beautiful winter experience when holidaying in South Tyrol.
For further information, please click www.plose.org
The following a list of what this ski region has to offer:
- 7 modern lift facilities, as well as a fully automatic cabin circular facility from St. Andrä. Alltogether 40 kilometres of ski runs.
- The ‘Trametsch‘ – with 9 km, the longest downhill run in South Tyrol.
- Ski and snow-board courses, ski kindergarten (+39 0472 850040), half pipe.
- Ski hire ‘rent a sport’ at the Plose mountain valley station (www.rentasport.it).
- A variety of genuine mountain huts and mountain restaurants, as well as après-ski.
- Ski bus from Lüsen to the Plose mountain (13 km)
Other skiing areas near Lüsen:
- Kronplatz/Alta Badia – shuttle twice daily via the Würzjoch (27 km).
- Skiing region Jochtal/Meransen (28 km).
- Val Gardena (35 km).